The National Day of Prayer for God’s Creation went beautifully as hundreds of Christians from 27 states and 5 continents joined hands and hearts to pray. This collective prayer was expressed in a variety of creative ways- from personal prayers to creation care Bible studies and prayer vigils. Some neat examples include:
- The Nature Society at John Brown University in Arizona sponsored a sunrise prayer and worship service.
- Students at Westmont College in California kicked off their Earth Ministry club with a Day of Prayer devotional.
- Eastern University in Pennsylvania held a creation care chapel service.
- The Creation Care club at Dordt College in Iowa posted a prayer/art wall for students to express their prayers for God’s creation.
- At Seattle Pacific University, a geography professor devoted time to pray for the renewal of creation in each class!
- Students at Eastern Mennonite University in Virginia gathered mid-campus for a circle of prayer for creation care!
- And students from Montreat College in North Carolina held an “early thanksgiving feast” to celebrate the bounty of God’s creation and pray for its renewal!
Thank you so much for joining with us in prayer for the renewal of God’s creation! We hope that you will continue to participate in Renewal’s efforts to lead our communities in Christ-centered stewardship of all of God’s creation. We look forward to praying with you next year!